How Does Vitamin Shot Work?Vitamin shots with intravenous (IV) deliver nutrients, amino acids, and minerals directly to the body for optimal absorption, allowing the nutrients to flood the body and nourish on a cellular level. That said, these nutrients bypass the digestive tract, which means faster and more concentrated absorption than oral supplements. In addition, larger doses of nutrients can be administered intravenously than orally, making an individual feels better faster.
What Types Of Nutrients Can Be Administered Using A Vitamin Shot?The type of nutrients can include:
- Vitamin C. It is an important nutrient that helps boost the immune system and fights the flu and viruses.
- B vitamins. It helps with attention, focus, and energy.
- Vitamin D. This nutrient helps promote healthy bones, teeth and immunity, and brain and nervous system health. In case of low levels, it can cause hair loss, fatigue, bone pain, and muscle weakness.
- Magnesium. It helps relax and support every cell of the body and is a great supplement for athletic performance and recovery.
- Zinc and selenium. They help support the thyroid, immune system, and wound healing.
- Amino acids. They help to enhance brain health.
- Glutathione – This is for anti-aging, anti-cancer, and even as a treatment and preventative nutrient for Parkinson’s disease.
- B12. It keeps the body’s nerves and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid. It is an antioxidant that improves metabolic function, promotes weight loss, and helps control blood sugar.
- Glutamine. This nutrient helps the muscles rebuild and repair themselves.
- Biotin (B7). It plays an essential role in the health of the hair, skin, and nails.
- NAD. It is a coenzyme that maintains regular energy levels and maintains the health of mitochondria.
- Hydrochloric Acid. It acts as an immune stimulant by increasing white cell count and red cell oxygenation. It is helpful for those fighting off acute or chronic infections.
What do Benefits Do Vitamin Shots offer?The benefits are many, though one of the significant benefits is that the vitamins or minerals bypass the gut and go right where they need to be – directly into the bloodstream.
- Deliver 100% of the electrolytes, fluid, and vitamins directly into the bloodstream. Hydrating, boosting energy levels and releasing unwanted toxins.
- Fast-acting. The nutrients enter the bloodstream immediately to help the body begin healing itself.
- More nutrients. The nutrients amount in the blood can reach more therapeutic levels.
- Sustained energy. It gives the ability to enjoy energy for days, not hours, without the crash.
- Athletic Performance Recovery. It helps rehydrate, while antioxidants and amino acids help improve energy levels and repair tissue damage.
- Immune system support. It boosts immune protection against disease and viruses by directly delivering all vitamins and nutrients to the cells.
- Migraine and headache relief. It provides the highest level of hydration and detoxification, which helps alleviates physical symptoms like headache, fatigue, and nausea.
- Anti-aging benefits. Vitamin shot includes glutathione, which gives youthful and radiant skin by fighting free radicals that create wrinkles and other aging symptoms.
- Brain Boost. It enables optimal brain and cognitive functioning by fueling each neuron with appropriate vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants.
How Long Do Vitamin Shots Last?Depending on the infusion, the actual process can last anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour. In fact, it’s an ideal boost for those who often travel or work incredibly long hours because this type of treatment can easily pop in during lunch break, after work, or on the weekend as part of the errand routine. For the effects, the result would vary on the type of nutrient injected, and since everyone is different, so are the results. Some feel more energized and detoxified after their infusion. In contrast, others may not notice a physical difference but will have more vitamins in their system, bioavailable for the body to absorb. On average, the vitamin infusion takes around 24 hours to be fully absorbed by the body.
What Are The Possible Sife Effects Of Vitamin Shots?Vitamin shots didn’t come without side effects. On rare occasions, the side effects below tend to resolve following cessation of the intravenous therapy:
- Irritation in the vein, secondary to infusate’s effects on the circulatory system
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Lowering of blood sugar
- Muscle cramps or weakness
- Arm pain at the infusion site
- Upset stomach